Chymia, a collaborative Common Book designed and printed by Marc Blumthal, Marianne Dages, Matt Neff, Ivanco Talevski, and Tricia Treacy at The Common Press in 2012. A limited set of letterpress prints using original blocks from the Van Pelt-Dietrich Library’s Edgar Fahs Smith Memorial Collection accompanies each edition.
Wharton Esherick, A Portfolio of Prints
12 re-strikes from original blocks, created in conjunction with the exhibition, Wharton Esherick and the Birth of the American Modern.
Prints are 12.5” x 16.5” okawara paper, portfolio covered in silk shantung
Printed by Matt Neff and Sofie Hodara; portfolio designed by Tricia Treacy; title page and colophon designed by David Comberg; titling typeface, Everyman, designed by Robin McDowell
Edition of 110.
Cultures of the Book, Spring 2008
1. Peter Stallybrass with Zoe Dare-Anastasio in the print shop
2. Jennifer Kolb printing.
3. Mario Ponticello setting type.
4. Laser cut wood blocks used for printing letterpress, Robin McDowell
5. Printed and bound pages from laser cut wood blocks showing deterioration of image, Robin McDowell
6. Recreation of sixteenth century title page, set and printed by Rachel Margolis.
Matt Neff, Posters
1. Spring Fling concert poster, 2007 14.5x20” 2-color silkscreen and letterpress. Designed and printed by Matt Neff and Chris VanAuken, edition of 250, April 2007.
2. Course announcement, letterpress and silkscreen
3. Poster for visiting artist, Swoon. Printed letterpress with hand-applied graphite.
Cover of Letter(s), A Portfolio of Poetry and Prints
A collaborative project of Kelly Writers House and students in graphic design and printmaking, November 2006.
1. Cover designed and printed by Lizza Robb
2. Page from Poetry and Prints; poet: Randall Crouch; printmaker: Iris Leung; designer: Sarah Burd